The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) fosters commercial investment and licensing of inventions and discoveries flowing from the exciting and innovative research by the GUST community across all disciplines.
By fostering campus-wide intellectual, cultural and personal development, the TTO hopes to promote educational excellence within the university, as well as keep researchers and inventors motivated and satisfied to continue having strong research growth and impact.
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) works with the University’s researchers and inventors to accelerate the process of bringing their developed technologies to the community. We are dedicated to identifying research with potential commercial interest and developing strategies for how to exploit it.
We support research at all stages and help establish a connection between companies and the commercialization of intellectual property. The TTO will set up protection strategies for your research and promote development all the way through successful commercialization. Not only that, but the TTO helps the community gain access to these cutting edge technologies quickly and conveniently, following suite with our university’s strategic vision.
Responsibilities of the TTO include:
- Managing and protecting your Intellectual property (IP) rights, and the IP rights of the university
- Acting as the link between the university and industry, fostering collaboration, confidence and trust
- Raising awareness and publicizing innovative technologies developed at GUST
- Evaluating patentable ideas and assessing their commercial value
- Advising and developing IP management policies, strategy, and procedures on campus and and technology commercialization related aspects
- Monitoring licenses and other intellectual property agreements and distribution of resulting income
- Licensing GUST IP to companies or entrepreneurial teams with a high potential for successfully commercialize
- Working with other GUST offices in copyright, trademark, and research funding agreements.
To benefit the global public by creating opportunities for GUST’s innovators to maximize the impact of GUST innovative technologies, breakthroughs and discoveries through licensing to companies or spin-outs while generating revenue to support research and education.