Overview & Global Challenges
The Global University of Science and Technology (GUST) is an international federal university consisting of independent Member Institutions for educating and developing people from all nations to be the global leaders in all industries at different levels to make a positive difference to the world which we work and live. GUST is a multi-campus international university, that offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in different disciplines with affiliated institutions extend seamless access to high quality, affordable and convenient learning opportunities as well as global knowledge transfer network throughout GUST i.e. it is a global federation of more than 20 Member Institutions worldwide. These Member Institutions are legal entities to impart education and development in the countries of their existence.
GUST is dedicated to closing the gap between Science & Technology and creating strong community of professionals and organizations pursuing excellence in business. As well as fostering the acquisition of knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to become Global Future Leaders.
We are providing Diploma, Master, and Doctorate Degrees as well as Certification Preparation, Training, Consulting Programs and Custom Research programs with global quality standards, targeting professionals and companies throughout the world. Our programs and degrees are unique, tailored to meet the needs of different industries, who want to get professional development, compete successfully and survive in the global arena. These programs and degrees can be completed on-campus, in-house and via distance-learning. Each has their own prerequisites and requirements.
To be the global leader, the foremost source of technical and educational information, and the primary provider of opportunity for professional growth in the arts, society, sciences and technology best practices.
We are committed to provide quality education without borders for producing global leaders who are prepared and eager to meet the next industrial revolution’s demands and face the global challenges.
- To be a global center of excellence for learning, research, assessment and consulting on all aspects of professional development
- To advance the arts, sciences and practices of learning
- To bridge the gap between university supply and industry demand
- To develop future industry leaders by providing high quality programs and degrees to individuals and organizations through conveniently located campus classes, in-house and distance learning
- To take small and medium enterprises to the next level by systematically providing them the necessary tools to succeed
- To work closely with the industrialists through their Corporate Schools and to help them in undertaking education, training and certification programs needed
- To partner with the experts in various industries to jointly develop competence guidelines from time to time in the fast-changing world
- To continuously supply competent talents to government, public and private sectors.
GUST Core Values
In performing its mission and objectives, GUST adheres to these core values:
•Integrity: In corporate and personal conduct
•Quality: To aim for quality in staff, programs and administration
•Excellence: To pursue excellence in our work
•Impact: To bring benefits to world economy and to improve our quality of life
•Respect for Individuals: To respect cultures and ideas of individuals
15 GLOBAL CHALLENGES
The 15 Global Challenges provide a framework to assess the global and local prospects for humanity. The Global Challenges are transnational in nature and transinstitutional in solution. They cannot be addressed by any government or institution acting alone. They require collaborative action among governments, international organizations, corporations, universities, NGOs, and creative individuals. Although listed in sequence, Challenge 1 on sustainable development and climate change is no more or less important than Challenge 15 on global ethics.
The 15 Global Challenges:
1. How can sustainable development be achieved for all while addressing global climate change?
2. How can everyone have sufficient clean water without conflict?
3. How can population growth and resources be brought into balance?
4. How can genuine democracy emerge from authoritarian regimes?
5. How can decisionmaking be enhanced by integrating improved global foresight during unprecedented accelerating change?
6. How can the global convergence of information and communications technologies work for everyone?
7. How can ethical market economies be encouraged to help reduce the gap between rich and poor?
8. How can the threat of new and reemerging diseases and immune micro-organisms be reduced?
9. How can education make humanity more intelligent, knowledgeable, and wise enough to address its global challenges?
10. How can shared values and new security strategies reduce ethnic conflicts, terrorism, and the use of weapons of mass destruction?
11. How can the changing status of women help improve the human condition?
12. How can transnational organized crime networks be stopped from becoming more powerful and sophisticated global enterprises?
13. How can growing energy demands be met safely and efficiently?
14. How can scientific and technological breakthroughs be accelerated to improve the human condition?
15. How can ethical considerations become more routinely incorporated into global decisions?